Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Day

On Friday the 16th, it was the beginning of the Summer Youth Institute. I really forgot to let you guys know how that day went.

Well, I was not scared or anything but I really did have some mixed emotions. I was kind of excited and nervous at the same time because I did not know what to expect. From the looks of everything, I think all the kids felt the same way that I did. To me it even looked like the counselor were having crazy emotions because it was a lot of the staff first time doing something like that.

When everyone was all checked in, we went to lunch to ease the tension that we had. Everyone knows that food makes me people relax. When we left, we went back and had meetings, to talk abut expectations and the different things that we should and should not do, and also went over the Agenda for the rest of days there.

Later, when all the boring stuff was done we went on to do the ROPES COURSE!!! I was so excited about that! Whomph! Whomph! Whomph! , it started lighting and we could not do it anymore (somethings about metal and lighting). I was thinking, could anything get any worse;I guess not because that gave everyone the opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better. Also we got a chance to play lots of different games as a group and it made us bond even better.

We had dinner and watched a movie( Freedom Writers), and retired for the night.

P.S. They say the first day is always the killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment