Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sencond Day Overview

Bold
Wow!!! Today to me was a total success. I have never seen anything like this! Today I saw that there are teenage kids out there just like me willing to get together and plan to make their community a better place, well not only their community but their home state (MISSISSIPPI).
The day had so many high lights but the one that stood out the most was the ( Welcome Table) meeting that we had in the earlier part of the morning. In the WT meeting we read a poem called "Where I'm From" by Ella Lyon . This poem was about a lady home and the things that really stood out the most to her. After reading this poem everyone in the group decided to write their own. I thought mine was kind of creative so I would write it one more time.

Where I'm From
by: Kenyon King

I'm from the cabbage greens
and cornbread with pig feet
in the air, with grown men
on the corner with saggy
pants and corn rolls in
their hair

I'm from the preacher
preaching the "amen"
and "thank you jesus"
into our lives, but if you
dont watch out that same
preacher would be sleeping with
the deacon wives

I'm form the mosquitos bites
on my feet ,hands, and
even my lips, and dont forget
about the little nappy headed
kids standing on the track
talking about he is a pimp.

I'm from the grandparents old
stories, about the civil rights
movements, and if I dont get
right it all was
POINTLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment