Sunday, July 25, 2010

The past ten days have created a false since of slowed time. Things took longer to do. Days, longer to complete. We all sat here, every morning, waiting for our day to begin. We spoke of race. We spoke of hard times that fell on our state. We spoke of love and new beginnings. We all want a better community, to make a better Mississippi. Whether it be through open dialogue groups, community gardens, school clubs, or basketball tournaments, we all came here to do the same thing in various ways. All it takes is one person to help, and the rest will follow.
Now, as I sit here, I think about how I will see these people again. Will we meet up again. Will we write back, answer skypes, or press "X" on facebook chats. Will we all be forgot, just another memory covered with another memory covered with emotions and a new laptop? Or will we all communicate and eradicate injustice in the world.
There will be no excuse for us to stray away. We all live in the same state, so there is little excuse. I hope that everyone will rise to the occasion, and make injustice "tapout" in a world of injustice. We are outnumbered, but how gives a (bad word). We are young and we have the power. Being young is just a state of mind.
As these days have gone by, I have changed. I cried about things I never knew I would cry about. I met people I never knew existed.
Before I came to here, I thought I was no one special. I thought I was just Lucas John Ferguson. But I'm not. I've grown to realize who I am in the time of 10 days. I'm Lucas, and I can change my state, I will help my community, and I have met great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment