Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reflections

Today is the last full day. I'm exhausted, physically and mentally and emotionally and overall the combined feeling is amazing. It's an interesting experience to have been involved in this institute, because in a little more than a month, I will be moving to Berkeley, CA and beginning a new phase in my life. For reasons I will not go into, in the last year I've had the opinion that Mississippi has significant work to be done- so much that I felt change is impossible. How fitting is it, then, that a month before I leave Mississippi for California, I find myself presented with a group of high school students who care and feel the inequities and have passion for change. How fitting is it that I have been presented with a renewed feeling of hope.

Don't let go of that hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment